Every year, my family and friends ask me, "What do you want for your birthday?", and without hesitation, I begin to share an endless lists of items that I've noted throughout the year. I don't necessarily believe there's is anything wrong with receiving/accepting gifts for you birthday however, for me personally, I knew there was more than wanting more for myself.
Over the last few years, I've made giving back on my birthday a goal and honestly the ultimate way I want to continue to celebrate my "life". This year, one of my dearest friends, Crystal Forde, started her own non-profit foundation - The Forde Group provides relief from the long term effects of domestic violence (DV). Did you know, more than 80% of women and children facing homelessness have experienced domestic violence(DV) (US Department of Health and Human Services).
As a domestic violence survivor her self, Crystal knows first hand what it's like to go through such traumatizing experiences that ultimately break your self confidence - even to the point where you feel like you no longer exist...
The "21 Day No Makeup Challenge" was created to support women around the world, who have lost their self confidence from a DV related experience. Permanent makeup can boost your self-confidence - wake-up with makeup, and ready to start your day!
"I believe that the Wake-up with No Makeup Challenge is so strong because it shows women in DV relationships that they ARE seen and heard. When you wake up every morning after being abused, violated and disregarded, you feel a sense of worthlessness. You aren't encouraged to get out of bed, go to work or think about anything positive happening that day... The thought that permanent makeup can enhance the beauty we can't see, and even cover up the scars that were left as a result, gives women so much of their power back and a brand new perspective." - Crystal Forde.
I would love for you all to help me in supporting the Forde Group Foundation by entering to WIN a free permanent makeup session for yourself or someone you know that deserves it! The price of the service will be donated to help raise money for women in need! Women in DV relationships are looking for a way out, shelter for themselves and their family, food and ultimately a new start. I truly pray that we can help lift their spirits and embrace their confidence to wake up every day with a new outlook on their life!
I have partnered with Ser estetica to give away a one (1) brow and (1) lip session to two lucky women! I am also so happy to have an amazing Brow Tribe that have put together a beauty and care package for a DV survivor. Thank you so much Tin Kitten Beauty Bar, Finesse Brows Colorado , G.L.O.W and Cara Bella Beauty!
How To Enter The 21 Day No Makeup Challenge
1. Follow the following challenge contributors on IG or FB: @ Huemon_Beauty @Theforde Group (IG Coming soon!), @Serestetica @finesse.colorado @tin_kitten_beauty_bar @carabellebeautybytayde @Itstimetoglow_
2. You must partake in 1 day (between October 1st - 21st, 2019) where you do not wear makeup! (Unless you have permanent Makeup :))
3. Hashtag a picture of you on that day, without makeup ( #21daynomakeupchallenge)
4. "Like" the 21 day no makeup post on Instagram or Facebook and "Comment" on the post about how permanent makeup can change your life in a positive way!
5. TAG a friend who you would also like to nominate to win a chance for a free session!
Rules To the Challenge
*Must be a candidate for microblading (Read FAQ's here)
*Must be ready to have your session between November 1st to December 20th
Other Ways You Can Help
- Receive 20% off a permanent makeup session between October 1st- October 21st ONLY (If you end up winning the challenge, you will receive a refund on the appointment)
- Donate an item to the care bag or a monetary donation to The Forde Group
- Share this opportunity with others to increase awareness of DV!
Thank you all so much!
Owner, Founder and 3X Certified Permanent Makeup Artist